[mythtv-users] MythTV video lockups? or X lockup?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:38:38 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm having some odd lockups with the MythTV display. I first noticced it when
using the keyboard to move through the mythtv-setup options.
I noticed if I used the keyboard to move too fast through the
settings/options it would
completely lock up?! If I waited a second before moving through the
options it seems
find.

I could not use ctrl-alt-F1 etc to get back to a console.
I could however ssh in to the box and shut it down etc. Nothing was
obvious in the logs
and myth-setup still seemed to be running, killing it and even killing X had no
noticable effect on the video, it was still frozen where it had locked
up on the monitor!?
Of course it may be nothing to do with Myth.
When using Xfce on the same box it does not seem to lockup though.

I am using Ubuntu 6.10 on an Athlon 64, with an Nvidia fx5200 card.

Any pointers?

thanks
Mike