[mythtv-users] Newbie: Bob & OpenGLvsnc

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:52:02 UTC 2006

>Hi,
>
>How does one turn Bob deinterlacing and OpenGL vsync On/Off?  And what do
>they do??  I've been searching GT for a while and the myth website and I've
>come up empty.
>
>I have a new install on Ubuntu Edgy Server.  I have a generally ~fuzzy~
>picture compared to regular TV.
>
>I don't know if this issue is related or not but, I have a PVR-150 and a
>PVR-250.  The reception on the 150 is worse than the 250 but the 250 has
>glitch frames.  I think this is called tearing?  I happens in the same
>place in live tv and on the recorded playback.  I've got plenty of CPU ~90%
>idle.
>
>Help,
>Jon

Jon,

Have you gone through the setup menus?  Everything you can imagine including
vsync and deinterlacing are in the setup menus.  I would highly recommend
spending some time in the setup menus to familiarize yourself.  MythTV is
highly customizable.

As for your picture quality problem, I think myth defaults to 480x480 and a
fairly low bitrate.  Change the resolution to 720x480 and turn up the
bitrate for a better picture.  Again these are in the setup menus
(specifically recording profiles).

Jake