[mythtv-users] Newbie: Bob & OpenGLvsnc

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 21:11:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

How does one turn Bob deinterlacing and OpenGL vsync On/Off?  And what do they do??  I've been searching GT for a while and the myth website and I've come up empty.

I have a new install on Ubuntu Edgy Server.  I have a generally ~fuzzy~ picture compared to regular TV.

I don't know if this issue is related or not but, I have a PVR-150 and a PVR-250.  The reception on the 150 is worse than the 250 but the 250 has glitch frames.  I think this is called tearing?  I happens in the same place in live tv and on the recorded playback.  I've got plenty of CPU ~90% idle.

Help,
Jon