[mythtv-users] Pic adjustments not working

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 16 21:13:04 UTC 2006

steglasi at subpacket.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using MythTV 0.20 as packaged with Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy).  Things are
> working good, except for adjusting picture settings (brightness, contrast,
> etc).  My recordings from my WinFast 2000 card are darker than they should
> be.
>
> When I press G to bring up adjustments, I see 'brightness' show up, but as
> soon as I press the right or left arrow to adjust the value, the number
> jumps to -1 and doesn't change.
>
> When I press G about 20 secs later after the settings have faded off,
> they're back at their original values.
>
> Is this a config issue I need to address?  OR is it something to do with
> the capture card I'm using?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scotty

Finally, something on this issue.

I am also having a similar issue since I upgraded to Mythtv 0.20, I use
a PVR-250 on fedora core 6 with mythtv 0.20-fixes from atrpms
The difference is that my G key brings up the
brightness/contrast/color/hue settings, and does adjust them properly
for that session only.
If I exit live TV & return, the settings go back to default.

I noticed the settings are not saved in the database table "channel"
like they were in 0.19
If I manually enter different entries in the database, then normal
scheduled recordings will use those settings, but live TV only reads
those settings once. it doesn't change when I change channels.

It doesn't matter if I use IVTV 0.81 on kernel 2.6.18 or ivtv 0.71 on
2.6.17, the symptom is the same.

Is anyone else having this issue?
does anyone use this feature and have it work properly?

Thanks,

Richard Woelk