[mythtv-users] Playing WMA files in MythMusic

Mike Grusin mgrusin at flyingcircuits.com
Sat Dec 16 20:27:10 UTC 2006

> > When they are in the playlist, and I try to play them - nothing happens.

I don't know for sure about audio, but I recall my video player doing the
same thing with WMV so I reinstalled it (Gentoo compiles everything from
source) with the additional switches required to play the WM formats that I
had left off before.  Not sure if it's the same for your distro, but you
might need to add packages or do something special to play WM formats.

> It only confirmed my suspicion that wma is a pretty crappy audio
> format to use.

No arguments here.  -Mike G.