[mythtv-users] Learning remote - sending new codes?

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Fri Dec 15 20:58:03 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I tried searching for this, but got no answers that seems relevant...

I got a Harmony 550 remote today, and it seems pretty good, but with the
LCD I'd like to have a bunch of jumppoints or hotkeys bound to the
custom buttons. (Jump to videos, Edit mode,  Setup / General, Restart
frontend, etc)

I have a JetEye serial transmitter I was wondering with the learning
function if I could send any arbitrary code, whether it's on the
Hauppauge remote or not.  If I edited the conf file and plugged in a new
hex code (i.e. "F5  0x00000000000017A1"), should that theoretically
work? (it's not right now - am I doing something wrong, or will it only
ever accept the codes on the remote?  Could it be a bad IR transmitter?)

Alternatively, if someone with an IR keyboard sent me a conf file with
all the keyboard keys mapped out, could I send those and learn it with
my 550?  Could I pick up those codes with the Hauppauge IR eye?  Could
someone send me a conf file like that for me to test?  I'd REALLY
appreciate it.

Thanks for considering this!