[mythtv-users] To install from source or apt-get ?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 22:50:56 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm wondering which is the best way to install MythTV on my Ubuntu box.

It installed very easily with the apt-get packages, however I'm wondering if
further down the line I may run in to problems upgrading to new releases using
this method?

I've already found that there is no inclusion of the mythudprelay in the Ubuntu
packages so I'm having to get the source and compile this.

What are your views on this? To apt-get or compile from source, that
is the question.

thanks
Mike