[mythtv-users] mysql on debian

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:10:51 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Scott Martin <smartin at steamvalve.com> wrote:
> >     2006-12-07 07:21:24.607 New DB connection, total: 3
> >     2006-12-07 07:21:24.607 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
> >
> > I'm confused. This indicates that you are connecting to the
> > mythbackend,

I'm still a bit confused.  The "Connected to database..." message indicates
that you are connected to the BE. If you are getting a warning asking "is
the backend turned on?" this doesn't necessarily mean that the backend is
off. The BE could be up and running perfectly, however FE may be improperly

Perhaps FE is having trouble connecting to a specific table/database of the
BE because the capture cards are not properly set-up? In short, the FE might
need to connect to the BE via the capture card(s).

I don't know if this is the case. Without more info. I don't even suspect
that the above is true. I'm just trying offer a different perspective on the

What does "ps -A | grep my*" return? (I like this command as it returns
info. on MySQL and MythTV processes).