[mythtv-users] mysql on debian

Scott Martin smartin at steamvalve.com
Fri Dec 8 02:00:38 UTC 2006

H P Ladds wrote:
> On 12/7/06, *Scott Martin* <smartin at steamvalve.com
> <mailto:smartin at steamvalve.com>> wrote:
>

>     2006-12-07 07:21:24.607 New DB connection, total: 3
>     2006-12-07 07:21:24.607 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>     127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>
>

> I'm confused. This indicates that you are connecting to the
> mythbackend, and I don't see the warning asking if the mythbackend is
> running?
>
>     2006-12-07 07:21:14.619 ChannelBase(2) Error: InitializeInputs():
>
>                            Could not get inputs for the capturecard.
>                            Perhaps you have forgotten to bind video
>                            sources to your card's inputs?
>

> This seems to indicate a problem with the capture cards. Are the
> driver OK?
I don't know yet as I still cannot connect to the mythbackend, I noticed
that as well, but figured that would be the next hurdle.

One thought I think worth mentioning, on my inability to connect to the
backend.

I am running Debian Sid with KDE, I am starting mythtv-setup as me (not
mythtv) from KDE and also starting mythtv as me (not mythtv)
Could it be me starting this instead of mythtv?Thanks
Scott Martin