[mythtv-users] Mythweb not asking for login (FC6)

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 7 11:11:25 UTC 2006

Around about 06/12/06 14:37, Trey Thompson typed ...
> 1.  Have you tried using the Basic AuthType just to see if you can get
> it working?

   Nope;  I can certainly try that.

> 2.  What about AuthDigestFile instead of AuthUserFile? (Might be
> backwards compatible, but just making sure.

   It's not, and that's how I know it's using the .htaccess file as mythweb
by default comes with the old syntax (commented out) and apache was barfing
on it (after I uncommented it) till I changed it.

> 3.  have you dried putting the Directory settings into httpd.conf
> instead of a .htaccess?

   Yep.

> 4.  What is your AllowOverride option in your httpd.conf file for this
> directory?

   Posted in an other thread;  says 'All'.

   Still stumped, but yes I'll try the basic auth.  Won't matter over https.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature