[mythtv-users] Mythweb not asking for login (FC6)

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 14:37:54 UTC 2006

> Around about 04/12/06 19:34, Trey Thompson typed ...
> > Can you post the auth section of the config?
>
> /var/www/html/mythweb/.htaccess contains:
>
> AuthType           Digest
> AuthName           "MythTV"
> AuthDigestProvider file
> AuthUserFile       /var/www/htdigest.mythtv
> Require            valid-user
>
>   Apart from the filename, it's identical to my FC5 working one.
>

>   Here're its perms (ditto mine):
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 89 Dec  2 10:21 /var/www/htdigest.mythtv

Couple of thoughts, I'm no expert, just a hobbyist...
1.  Have you tried using the Basic AuthType just to see if you can get
it working?
2.  What about AuthDigestFile instead of AuthUserFile? (Might be
backwards compatible, but just making sure.
3.  have you dried putting the Directory settings into httpd.conf
instead of a .htaccess?
4.  What is your AllowOverride option in your httpd.conf file for this
directory?