[mythtv-users] Mythmusic crashing the frontend changing playlist

Ed Rubright - mail lists mail-lists at rubright.net
Wed Dec 6 14:39:42 UTC 2006

David Fishburn wrote:
> I am using Mythtv 0.20 on Ubuntu Edgy.
>
> MythMusic plays just fine.
>
> If I attempt to change the playlist, a good 80% of the time the myth
> frontend will disappear and I will be returned to the gdm.  I have been
> trying to find a sequence that does this, I originally thought it was
> happening if I let the existing playlist play instead of stopping it first,
> clearing the playlist and adding new songs.  But that didn't pan out.
>
> Is anyone aware of this issue?
> I will check the frontend log to see if it says anything, I am in a position
> (currently) where I cannot check that.
>
> TIA,
> Dave

I have seen this same behavior too.  I have been invoking mythfrontend
from the cmd prompt hoping that something will show up when it crashes,
but I haven't seen anything useful yet.  I'm still trying the exact
sequence, but it usually occurs when we have company over so fiddling
with the mythbox is not in order.

I am running Mythtv .20 (latest updates from ATrpms).  I'm running this
on a PII 400 Mhz dual processor Celeron running FC5(latest updates).
This machine is a dedicated frontend.

Ed