[mythtv-users] capture card for DirecTV

Jeremy Tietsort jr at tietsort.org
Mon Dec 4 02:28:53 UTC 2006

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  I'm okay with just getting the analog
feed at this point.   For the sat receiver, I'll be using either a
Hughes HDVR2 box or an older RCA box with a data port for channel
changing.

Also, I think I'm going to want to be able to re-encode content for
different things (DVD, iPod, etc).   Will I need the encoding feature
of the PVR350 for this or would it happen in software on the main CPU?

Thanks