[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder VE, no sound

Todd A. Anderson DrTodd13 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 2 22:38:50 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I just added an old TV Wonder VE card alongside my 350 and
I can't seem to get sound to record from this card.  This
card does not support btaudio so I have to use a patch cable
to the line-in of my sound card.  I have /dev/dsp specified
as the audio input for the capture card in question in
mythtvsetup.  In alsamixer, I have tried the recommended
action of making sure capture is enabled on both line-in and
the capture device, capture volume at 100%, line-in volume
at 0 or 100% muted.  If I unmute then I get "live" audio
and not audio in-synch with the video.  I've read everything
I can find about this problem and none of the solutions have
worked for me.  This is with mythtv 0.20 and fedora core 6
with the latest kernel.

Can anybody suggest a course of action to fix this problem?

thanks!

Todd