[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder VE, no sound

Todd A. Anderson DrTodd13 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 2 23:17:45 UTC 2006

> I just added an old TV Wonder VE card alongside my 350 and
> I can't seem to get sound to record from this card.  This
> card does not support btaudio so I have to use a patch cable
> to the line-in of my sound card.  I have /dev/dsp specified
> as the audio input for the capture card in question in
> mythtvsetup.  In alsamixer, I have tried the recommended
> action of making sure capture is enabled on both line-in and
> the capture device, capture volume at 100%, line-in volume
> at 0 or 100% muted.  If I unmute then I get "live" audio
> and not audio in-synch with the video.  I've read everything
> I can find about this problem and none of the solutions have
> worked for me.  This is with mythtv 0.20 and fedora core 6
> with the latest kernel.
>
> Can anybody suggest a course of action to fix this problem?

Ok.  I was just looking at KDE->Control Center->Sound & Multimedia.
Then looked at "Sound System" and the Hardware tab.  Initially,
the "Full duplex" checkbox was not checked.  I checked it and
then tried to restart the sound system but that failed for some
reason so I rebooted.  Tried it again in mythtv, still no luck.