[mythtv-users] Suggestions for MytTV front/backend box please?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:14:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm ready to build a combined front and backend box for our lounge.
I'll likely add another backend box at some stage in the future.

I'm based in the UK so suggestions of components available easily here would
be welcome.

I've got some great ideas from Gary Parker's website here:
http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_silent.php

I'm thinking about something like an 80gb system disk and 250 or 300gb disk
for recordings.

If the case I use is a midi-tower type, I can fit this behind out
TV/AV cabinet in the lounge
but it will make DVD access difficult, so perhaps a quiet usb DVD
writer would be
a possible solution?

I'll probably be wanting 2 PCI DVB tuner cards in the box and I need to be able
to record from our Sky digital box, composite video and audio input.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Mike
UK