[mythtv-users] Suggestions for MytTV front/backend box please?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 22:29:40 UTC 2006

I'd go for quite as possible, and look for quite disks.

I would also suggest not having a split between system and recording
disks, just have one (or more) and have a system partition, then LVM
the myth drive Partitions.

More disks means more heat, energy etc.... so KISS.  I have two large
drives, with 3 Raid 1 mirrors - 30GB system, 1GB swap (possibly OTT),
and the rest is LVM'ed for data.

It is also worth checking your combination can do powersaving, as a
mythbox is on all the time, and mostly idle.

My 2c worth.

Greg