[mythtv-users] ac3 works great , wav mp3 sound does not, Please help.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:28:05 UTC 2006

On 02/12/06, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Below is a snip from my .asounrc file I believe it shows the default
> settings if i understand it correctly.  just a note mp3 sound does work off
> of mythtv recordings, just not divx when mplayer or xine with mythvideo.
>
>  pcm.!default {
>   type plug
>
>   slave.pcm "digital-hw"
> }

Try using

pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
}

The digital-hw device does not handle non-48kHz audio or multiple
concurrent audio streams, whereas the dmix-digital device uses the
dmix plugin to rate convert and mix multiple streams.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/