[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 2 03:56:51 UTC 2006

* On Fri Dec 01, 2006 at 06:41:47PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> >I've considered adding this as an optional housekeeper job that runs
> >once a day.
>
> There's been an option to run a script once a day for quite a
> while. Setup->General, seventh page. My "mythfilldatabase Program:"
> is "/usr/local/bin/mythdaily". The sleep section at the top
> is from before the zap2it suggested times. I would sleep 600
> seconds so that I didn't hit DD at the top of the hour when they
> get hammered.

Right, I'm talking about running the "repair table" and "optimize table"
commands daily (or maybe just the optimize) from within Myth.
Why make the user put mysqlcheck or equivalent into a script when
we could do it ourselves?

Either that or we could put a one-script-does-all script in contrib,
but I prefer putting it directly in the housekeeper. :)

It makes one less thing the user has to setup to have an efficient
MythTV system.

--
Chris