[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Dec 2 02:41:47 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Fri Dec 01, 2006 at 10:52:50PM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
>> On Friday 01 December 2006 22:22, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>>> Probably nothing the upgrade missed, but rather MySQL not
>>> automatically keeping its tables optimized. Glad your channel change
>>> problems are gone! For the record, it's been recommended that the db
>>> optimize be run as a cron job daily to prevent such issues. Maybe
>>> that's why the devs aren't seeing the problem since they're likely
>>> all doing this.
>> If this is so important, why can't the backend do this itself?
>
> I've considered adding this as an optional housekeeper job that runs
> once a day.

There's been an option to run a script once a day for quite a
while. Setup->General, seventh page. My "mythfilldatabase Program:"
is "/usr/local/bin/mythdaily". The sleep section at the top
is from before the zap2it suggested times. I would sleep 600
seconds so that I didn't hit DD at the top of the hour when they
get hammered.

--  bjm