[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 23:20:12 UTC 2006

Steve Hodge wrote:
> 2. The responses explain the situation with varying degrees of
> politeness. Channel changes are slow because:
> a. Many/most experienced users/devs don't use live TV so it's not a
> problem for them
> b. The problem is not trivial to fix
> c. If you care so much, fix the issue
> d. Or put a link to xawtv (or whatever) in the menus

Or, the responses are insulting and dismissive, even when the original
post didn't imply Myth is a piece of crap.

> It's frustrating when people seem
> to have the attitude that people here have some sort of duty to promote
> MythTV and provide good customer service. I'm happy to help anyone I
> can, but it's not my job. Microsoft may well provide better support, but
> you pay for it.

And it is frustrating to see anyone who has a legitimate problem treated
like children, over and over again.  I'm not saying you in specific do
this or have done this, but I have been here long enough to have seen
bad behavior on both sides, and it is inexcusable for both sides.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 months, 2 weeks and 19 hours,
saving $480.75 and not smoking 3,205.04 cigarettes.