[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Tommy E Craddock Jr sigtom at sigtom.com
Sat Dec 2 08:06:11 UTC 2006

Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> And it is frustrating to see anyone who has a legitimate problem treated
> like children, over and over again.  I'm not saying you in specific do
> this or have done this, but I have been here long enough to have seen
> bad behavior on both sides, and it is inexcusable for both sides.
>
> Jeff
Um Jeff do you watrch any of htat Live TV or any other shows on TV that
you record with yer myth system?  Isnt what you perceive and define as
'bad behavior' just the status quo nowadays?  Anyways, I digress.

A new user to myth, even a new user to nix and myth would want to read
thru as much docs as possible to come to a complete understanding of the
product (which the OP said he did in part, but he didnt go far enough,
or he wouldve seen this discussion on the goassamer threads archives, or
on the Wiki wishlist page). Ever heard the saying 'your beating yer head
against the wall?'  It seems thats where this discussion and 'feature
request' are at.  Only way to get past that obstacle is to do it yerself
( not your personally, altho it could  apply if you want a certain
feature added bad enough) i.e. if someone wants a feature no other dev
is even remotely interested in working on, which thru the lack of work
done by any dev on it in a timely fashion goes to show that at least the
OPs request is in this camp, along with the lack of any dev, known or
unknown to the project, has interjected so far on this topic to
volunteer to spend his personal time at least, that if you or the OP
want your 'feature request' in, youll need to do so yourself, or
somehow, off list, employ someone to do so. Does that make enough sense
for everyone to understand?

Tom