[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried integrating Broadcast machine with mythweb

osma ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Fri Dec 1 16:19:36 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Nick <nikosf at mail.com> wrote:
> Voluntarily adopting a position against piracy helps keep MythTV 'friends' on side (people like Radiotimes and others that co-operate in providing free and easy to use listing data).  Taking on the mantle as 'freedom fighters' will only mean crackdowns, and that's not in anyone's interest.

Democracy is a tool for accessing Internet-published video advertised
on RSS feeds (essentially, podcasts). The content included in the
Democracy player is not pirated broadcast material. I don't see how
supporting it could be considered supporting piracy.

And as for that content and those RSS feeds advertising download of
the content over BitTorrent - has it entirely went past this list that
BitTorrent itself (meaning the company founded by the inventor of the
protocol) is very much a legit, industry-approved player these days,
with distribution deals with nearly all of the major players?

Perhaps it's time to revisit the position on whether discussing
anything related to either Internet-distributed video content or the
BitTorrent protocol might be permissible or not, since it would today
be entirely reasonable to consider to for instance watch (legally
downloaded) movie trailers on your MythTV-powered HTPC:

http://www.bittorrent.com/users/warner_brothers/

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>       http://www.fishpool.org