[mythtv-users] Fully delete rec from cli

Andrew Guenther andguent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 11:39:35 UTC 2006

Quick request. I did about 30 mins of googling and was surprised I
could not find this anywhere.

What I would like to do is properly and completely delete a recording
from command line/cron.

EX: I set my box to record the evening news and record all simpsons
episodes. If any news broadcast is 48 hours old, I want it to expire
and go away. I don't want to loose old simpsons episodes if I don't
have to, BUT I do want everything to autoexpire at some point.

I'm already familiar with mythname.pl to pull out the program name &
subtitle, I just can't find any pre-built way to start deleting sql
entries. If I understood more php I would go find the function that
runs when you hit delete on mythweb/recorded_programs.php. I seem to
get lost in there, and I don't know enough sql/schema to properly roll
my own.

Does anyone have resources or links to someone who already has this?
Other ideas and hints greatly appreciated.

Anyone know what setting 'deletepending'=1 in the recorded table does,
just by itself? Found this off in googleland:
UPDATE recorded SET deletepending = 1 WHERE chanid = '1027' AND
starttime = '2006-07-06T00:13:28' ;

Thanks.

Andrew