[mythtv-users] network boot / boot speed (WAS: Re: diskless Mythtv USB)

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Aug 25 23:09:02 UTC 2006

Tim Phipps wrote:
> Yes, that's the recommended way. Sharing a root between a server and clients
> is nice since you only have to maintain one system but updating/upgrading
> programs will cause programs on the clients to die a horrible death
> eventually.

that's kinda what i was afraid of ... plus, i've got my backend stripped
way down to only the RPMs it needs (no sense in having a full GNOME or
KDE install on the backend ... even though I use GDM on the frontend).
getting them in sync would be a big enough pain in the butt for me not
to want to try it!

thanks to everyone for the info!  hopefully one of these days i'll get
around to trying it out!

-g-