[mythtv-users] MythstreamTV (and mythweb) question

catfish catfish at halfdone.com
Wed Aug 23 22:36:18 UTC 2006

> When I access mythstreamtv and select a show, the file name handed to
> VLC is a "myth://" protocol URL, not a local file. VLC, then, complains
> that it doesn't know how to handle the myth:// protocol.
>
> I've looked through the mythweb code, and it appears that the myth://
> file name is getting handed to mythweb/mythstreamtv from the backend. Is
> there any way to modify how that gets passed through?

Try looking at mythweb's config file. On my system (fc4) it's at
/var/www/html/config/conf.php, there is a define for video_url that
changes the url and comes with examples including file:// and myth://.
Don't recall which is default since I've changed it a few times. This
does change the way that mythweb creates links but I don't know about
mythstreamtv.