[mythtv-users] Recording Reruns

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:01:50 UTC 2006

Thanks for the responses.  So if I understand everyone correctly, if I want
to have myth check for the re-run flag, I need to create a custom record
rule that will check if program.previouslyshown=1, correct?  Just curious,
but why does myth check against title description instead of the rerun flag?

Also, there's an entry in myth web called "Record New and Expire Old".  Does
that have any relation to this topic?

-Rob

On 8/20/06, William Munson <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Rob Dege wrote:
> >
> > Recently, my myth box has started to record shows that are marked as
> > reruns.  I was pretty sure that I had previously configured the box so
> > that it didn't record reruns, but I am unable to verify this because I
> > can't find this option in the settings anymore.
> >
> > I checked the documentation, and searched the forums, but only found
> > references to older myth releases.  Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > I'm running mythtv 0.19
> >
> Any small change in the description fields will cause the show to be
> re-recorded. Even a change from a comma to a period will trigger the
> recording. If I discover that a rerun is being recorded I will just
> cancel it otherwise it get deleted by whomever is running the remote.
> Not a big deal if you have ample recording space.

-Rob

Ben Franklin Quote: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."