[mythtv-users] Recording Reruns

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 20 14:39:02 UTC 2006

Rob Dege wrote:

> Recently, my myth box has started to record shows that are marked as
> reruns.  I was pretty sure that I had previously configured the box so
> that it didn't record reruns, but I am unable to verify this because I
> can't find this option in the settings anymore.
>
> I checked the documentation, and searched the forums, but only found
> references to older myth releases.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> I'm running mythtv 0.19

Any small change in the description fields will cause the show to be
re-recorded. Even a change from a comma to a period will trigger the
recording. If I discover that a rerun is being recorded I will just
cancel it otherwise it get deleted by whomever is running the remote.
Not a big deal if you have ample recording space.