[mythtv-users] Master backend/storage, 1 or 2 machines?

Jim Minihane MythTV at minihane.tzo.com
Thu Aug 17 11:40:15 UTC 2006

Yup. Wild overkill.
Dude, I got clearance from the wife for that many DTV boxes. I'm gonna
build to that spec. If it turns out I don't need them, I can just shutdown
a slave and cancel accounts on 4 sat boxes. Plus, I like a lot of stuff on
Sci-Fi Channel that I never get to watch. That will eat up one tuner by
itself. Plus, the speed channel, etc.
I've already got most of the equipment.
3 Dell P-III 1GHz towers (2 plus spare)
2 Compaq P-4 1.8 GHz desktops (1 plus spare)
5x8 multi-switch
22 (that's right, 22) D10-100s (spares, expansion, etc)
Serial control cords
1 PVR-500 (Need 3 more)
2 Serial-PCI cards
2 Dell P-III 1 GHz SFF desktops for frontends
Need 2 FX5200 (6600) AGP low profile cards.
Need 2 Serial IR receiver.