[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, xmltv and timezones

OJ ole at legaard.net
Wed Aug 16 17:02:41 UTC 2006

Can someone try to explain these to me very complex issues.

I'm running mythtv 0.19.

I have written a xmltv grabber for my tv channels. It outputs the
programs to a .xml file. The start time is GMT and I have added an
offset +0300 according to my timezone (this is the way recommended by
the xmltv team).
When I try to run the grabber as part of mythfilldatabase I never seem
to get the correct listing. I have tried a lot of different settings
under XMLTV timzone offset settings (None, Auto, +0300, +0600)

Yesterday I ran my grabber and produced a .xml file with my listings. I
checked with my online source and it seemed to be correct.

Then I tried to run this command:
mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 listing.xml

When I tried XMLTV offset +0000,+0300, and Auto all the listing in
mythweb was 3 hours off (looked like the were GMT). I was thinking that
this setting didn't do anything. When I saw into the filldatabase.cpp
file and in the function "fromXMLTVDate" the timezone is set fixed to
841 (None), but then I tried offset +0600 and suddenly my listings were
OK.

But when I checked again today all listing are 2 hours off.

1) Does this make sense to anybody?
2) I think I am fooled some times here by some old program listings in
the database. Is it possible to delete all program listings in the
database so I can be certain that what I see is from my last execution?
3) My grabber doesn't provide stop time. It seems to work OK anyway, but
could this mess things up?
4) Do I need to restart the backend when changing anything in
mythtv-setup? Could this cause any problems if I don't?

If someone can answer these questions it will be easier to debug.