[mythtv-users] XM Radio

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:31:30 UTC 2006

> Personally I think its a horrible idea. Hard drives and cars do not mix
> well. Your WAF is going to go down significantly unless you want to engineer
> and install a interface that can  SAFELY be used by someone who is trying to
> drive and keep kids under control. If you have to look away from the road to
> operate it, the design is no good.

I think that the hard drives are okay, and rubber mounts help with
that alot. I was thinking of Myth because the interface is nice and
simple, and if it supports a mouse or the touchscreen it will be even
better. It should be no less safe then the radio that's there now.

> Also you may find that your alterations  will give your insurance company a
> way out of paying any claims if you get into an accident. They will use any
> excuse to not pay a claim, just ask the Katrina survivors how they feel
> about insurance companies.

Don't even get me started on insurance as I think that is the biggest
scam in the free world. 200 years ago if your barn burned down (which
they often did with candles and no electricity) all the neighbours
showed up and you built a new one. Nowadays you sue because you
spilled hot coffee on your lap and get a million dollars..... But that
is way OT.

--
-=/>Thom