[mythtv-users] mysql database setup help

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:07:39 UTC 2006

Jake,

Although you probably already know this, I'll say it for those reading this
that may not:

The command 'mysql -u root < mc.sql' runs the MySQL client program (mysql)
and logs into the database as user 'root' (-u root).  The '< mc.sql' portion
redirects the file 'mc.sql' into the mysql client program.  The 'mc.sql'
file contains all of the necessary SQL commands to properly create the
database and insert the initial data.

You can view the SQL statements by simply doing 'cat mc.sql'.

Of course, the above commands will only work if they can find 'mc.sql',
which is assumed to be in the current working directory.

- Joe