[mythtv-users] mysql database setup help

Jake Sallee spark at breathedeeply.com
Tue Aug 15 20:51:50 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:19, Christopher Friend wrote:
>  >> prompt:/usr/share/mythtv/database> mysql -u root < mc.sql
>  >> bash: mc.sql: No such file or directory
>  >>
>  >> I don't think the error message could be stated any more clearly.
>
> Well, it could say something like:
>
> bash: mc.sql: No such file or directory. You are trying to set up the
> database with a file called mc.sql from /usr/share/mythtv/database.
> Unfortunately this file cannot be found. Please locate a copy elsewhere,
> place it in same directory and try again.
>
> but that wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Jake, you might wanna follow
> the guide at http://www.acaciaclose.co.uk/28654/31810.html that gives a
> very easy to understand step-by-step guide on setting up MythTV on Suse
> 10.0 and 10.1, including the following two pieces:
>
> "If you dont have mc.sql you can download it from the source tarball.
> Read the MythTv Compile guide on the website to see where to download
> the source files from."
>
> followed directly by:
>
> "If you mess up the above command and cant get access to mysql, you will
> need to stop the mysql process, uninstall mysql, delete /var/lib/mysql
> directory, delete /etc/mc.cnf then reinstall mysql and start from the
> top of this page."
>
> Christopher

Thanks a lot Christopher.  I was trying to use another guide
(http://www.homerengineeringcorp.net/mythtv/myth.html)  and kind of piece
together the information from Mythtv's wiki and it wasn't working out.  I'll
take a look at the 10.1 guide, hopefully that's easier.

Jake Sallee  spark at breathedeeply.com
www.breathedeeply.com

Registered Linux User #358012  http://counter.li.org
Open SuSE Linux http://www.opensuse.org