[mythtv-users] Fix for distorted image on CRT TV

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:28:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a standard CRT TV (Philips 20" flat screen) which I'm using
with an NVidia FX5200 using an S-Video TV-out.  The problem that I
face is that the image on the screen is somewhat distorted, with the
top of the image being narrower than the bottom.  Also, the image is
very slightly tilted clockwise.  I also noticed that the curving of
the image at the top becomes more pronounced when the screen is
showing brighter colours?  Is this to be expected, or is there
something I can do to fix it?  It's not very annoying, but I'd really
like to get an image quality close to what I can get by directly
hooking up the cable box to the TV.

Thanks.