[mythtv-users] Custom record rule not matching episodes with different (matching) title

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:46:55 UTC 2006

On 07/08/06, chris at cpr.homelinux.net <chris at cpr.homelinux.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 04:13:54AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> > The listing for this same episode on five (this coming Friday) still
> > shows the episode as set to record, even though it has been recorded,
> > and the subtitles are the same. However, one difference is the title
> > in the listings for this upcoming episode is "Law & Order", not "Law
> > and Order" that the just-recorded episode used.
>
> The search rule only determines which shows are candidates for
> recording, but doesn't imply any grouping for dupe detection.
> Since "L&O" and "L and O" are different series they are
> dupe-checked independently.

Hi Chris,

I was wondering whether as the custom rule selected a set of matching
episodes (including those with differently formed titles), this same
set of episodes would be tested for duplicates as a single unit,
irrespective of whether there were different seriesids in the set.

> > The following week there is the next (and last) episode of season 12
> > on five, which is currently in the listings as being titled "Law and
> > Order". Interestingly, this is _not_ listed as an upcoming-recording,
> > which reinforces my belief about the different titles interfering with
> > the rule matching.
>
> Is it marked as "previously recorded" or did it simply not make it
> into the candidate list?

This episode was correctly identified as having been recorded already
- which is why I have the idea that the L&O titled eps are not being
correctly identified as dupes.

Cheers,
Nick

--