[mythtv-users] Custom record rule not matching episodes with different (matching) title

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Aug 7 23:15:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 07:46:55PM +0100, Nick wrote:
> I was wondering whether as the custom rule selected a set of matching
> episodes (including those with differently formed titles), this same
> set of episodes would be tested for duplicates as a single unit,
> irrespective of whether there were different seriesids in the set.

Think of it this way: the parameter that asks you what fields to
use for dupe checking automatically inserts "title", so if you
select "subtitle" it really checks title+subtitle.  If the titles
are different then the shows will never be detected as dupes.

The only reasonable way to flag episodes of "Law and Order" and
"Law & Order" in a single group is to hack the titles by running an
update query after each mythfilldatabase run and then trigger a
reschedule so Myth checks for dupes again.