[mythtv-users] Custom record rule not matching episodes with different (matching) title

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 9 02:47:06 UTC 2006

On 08/08/2006 07:16 PM, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:39:53PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Would be much easier to specify a script for the mythfilldatabase path
>>and have the script call mythfilldatabase and then run the mysql client
>>to update the program table.
>>

>Thanks!  This method would still need to be updated every time the
>schema changes, but it's better than patching sources.

Only with major schema changes...  The tablename (program), and affected
columns (title) are very unlikely to change in future schema versions.

>Using a script to call mfdb has some other interesting
>applications, too.  For example, there was someone on here a few
>days ago who wanted to use two different Zap2It lineups for one
>capture card.  Using this method they could probably have mfdb
>download a second listing and then run an SQL update statement to
>merge the two listings to the same tuner....

The SQL update would have to do (quite) a bit of work.  I think if I
were doing trying to use 2 lineups for one source I'd use a script that
retrieves DD XML data using tv_grab_na_dd for both lineups, "merges" it
into a single XML file with tv_cat (also from XMLTV), and then runs
mythfilldatabase with the --dd-file argument to specify the "merged"
data file.

Unfortunately for Ron (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216693#216693 ), I
answered the question he asked instead of the question it seems you
think he meant to ask.  And, now that you've pointed it out, it does
seem to be what he actually wanted to know.

Mike