[mythtv-users] Modifying the video browsing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 6 12:42:15 UTC 2006

On 08/06/2006 01:26 AM, William Prochazka wrote:
> Ok, I have spent the better past of the past ~5monhs getting
> everything up and running as perfectly as I can expect.  Now I am
> focusing my sights on the finer details..the visual ones.  I have
> completed some ovehauls in the MythWeb Video page (Looks much better)
> and hope to have some difs out soon.

Chris Petersen is looking for someone to do a complete (ground-up)
rewrite of the video section.  He's not accepting "small" changes (to
encourage someone to get motivated to do the rewrite), so you may want
to check with him to see if he'd be willing to accept yours.  Or, even
better, you could just rewrite the whole thing.  Talk to Chris to find
out what he wants.  You can catch him on IRC (he goes by the nick xris)
or here.

>   The other thing that is really bugging me is the MythVideo interface
> on the frontend.

Anduin Withers is currently adding the final touches to a major
rewrite/refactor of the MythVideo plugin.  It will generally make it
easier to change the interface (but will not change that much about the
interface).

>   I have found the "Listing" view to be the easiest to navigate but I
> hate the lack of real information at the bottom.  Currently it shows
> Filename and player command... who cares!  I would like to modify this
> to show plot summary, director, etc.

This may actually get fixed by Anduin's rewrite.

>   What I need to know is is this coded into the ap or is this
> configured through the theme/menus?

It's code--but may be taken care of for you.  :)

Mike