[mythtv-users] Modifying the video browsing

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Aug 6 19:17:48 UTC 2006

> Anduin Withers is currently adding the final touches to a major
> rewrite/refactor of the MythVideo plugin.  It will generally make it
> easier to change the interface (but will not change that much about the
> interface).

It is a mostly targeted rewrite of some sections. The UI has been safe from
changes so far. Most of the changes are in list/tree building and filtering
(unified sorting/filtering) at the cost of keeping more things in memory (if
you have 10000 videos but filter that down to some small number, well you
will be unhappy currently).

> [listings view]
> This may actually get fixed by Anduin's rewrite.

Not yet. For me it is a space issue. The two most important pieces of
information are there (the title and the movie poster). With the selection
UI taking half screen, there isn't room for much more (currently you could
get the plot with a video-ui.xml change).

I am way behind on changes for .20, post .20 I'd be happy to make
modifications which would allow you to have a video-ui.xml file that showed
any field (to answer the original poster's question, that is the file, but
you would need to add code to videotree.cpp to see other fields).

I'll throw it on my list for .21 (not sure I'm going to add anything to the
view, but make is possible with only XML changes).

--
Anduin Withers