[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 22:55:59 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Jafa <hdtv at silicondust.com> wrote:

> > Nick,
> >
> > One of your replies sounded like you already had one.  Are you
> associated
> > with the guys making this?  Is there a way to get tech documentation?
> >
> Hi Stan,
>
> Yes - I am the lead engineer and have been running one of the prototype
> boards at home for a few months now.
>
> The website has the summary of technical specs. If there is anything
> missing that would be of interest please let me know.
>
> If you are interested in the protocols there is also an open source
> library (LGPL) for communicating with the HDHomeRun.
>
> The library is part of MythTV trunk (mythtv/libs/libmythtv/hdhomerun/)
> > Do myth users get priority ordering :-?
> >
> We have chosen to launch with MythTV as the main/reference platform -
> MythTV is a great project has full HDHomeRun support.
>
> Hopefully we will help add more MythTV users :-)
>
> Nick

Any chance that this will feature NTSC / analog support too?
With analog support, I could see this plus a Mac Mini Core Duo as my next
MythTV setup.  I don't get enough digital content to go only digital,
additional external tuners would be annoying, and if i have to have one
internal tuner, i might as well have them all inside one computer.
(since it doesn't require any kernel support, it ought to be one of those
devices that could be made to work on a mythbackend for os x build)

--Michael