[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Tue Aug 1 22:07:56 UTC 2006

> Nick,
>
> One of your replies sounded like you already had one.  Are you associated
> with the guys making this?  Is there a way to get tech documentation?

Hi Stan,

Yes - I am the lead engineer and have been running one of the prototype
boards at home for a few months now.

The website has the summary of technical specs. If there is anything
missing that would be of interest please let me know.

If you are interested in the protocols there is also an open source
library (LGPL) for communicating with the HDHomeRun.

The library is part of MythTV trunk (mythtv/libs/libmythtv/hdhomerun/)
> Do myth users get priority ordering :-?

We have chosen to launch with MythTV as the main/reference platform -
MythTV is a great project has full HDHomeRun support.

Hopefully we will help add more MythTV users :-)

Nick