[mythtv-users] Shared Firewire Drive??

Bryan mythtv at hb-computers.com
Tue Apr 18 14:05:35 UTC 2006

OK, this may be a strange request but here is my situation. I have 4
mythtv systems, 2 backends and two frontends. Currently all of them
connect to a NFS file server with 300G to read and write shows. Here is
what I would like to do. I have an external firewire enclosure with an
Oxford 911 chipset (Allows concurrent connections) that I would like to
connect to both backend server and have them write directly to the 300G
via firewire. I can the NFS Share the firewire file system to the
frontends over the network.

Does this seem feasible? I don't see an issue where both backend systems
writing to the same file at the same time due to the way myth handles the
master slave setup. I am concerned with the speed and access rates of a
firewire drive? Is there anyone using it to write recorded shows to it? I
will be recording at max, 4 shows at 4500 bit rate at a time.

I appreciate any input that is given,
Bryan