[mythtv-users] Menus dissapear on dual monitor setup with asus pundit

Claude M. Schrader myth at claudeschrader.com
Tue Apr 18 15:56:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 02:02:51PM +0100, Ashley Bostock wrote:
>    Any idea why this is? or does anyone have a similar setup working who
>    could provide their xorg.conf file?
>    On a related note I assume there is no way (when using myth) to run at
>    different resolutions on each screen?

Ash,
I have the same setup - Asus Pundit for a combined fe/be. I'm not sure
what you have as your capture card, but it was scary bending the case to
get my pvr-500 in :-). That is an amazingly well engineered tiny little
case.
Tv out works great, with an svideo connection to the tv, mirroring the
image on an external monitor connected via vga. You may be able to run
them at different resolutions if you use Xinerama, but I have not looked
into that. You may want to use the sis drivers from
http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsisvga.shtml instead of
the kernel ones - they are better, and his SiSCtrl utility will set
up your xorg.conf for you. Avoiding that file is always nice. A URL to my xorg.conf
follows. Let us know if you figure it out.
Claude

http://claudeschrader.com/mythtv/xorg.conf