[mythtv-users] Sky tv

scamp scampgb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:53:39 UTC 2006

Ant is spot-on when he says that you'll need two Sky boxes &
subscriptions in order to watch/record two different channels on Sky.
You'll also need a different LNB (bit of the satellite dish) if you've got
more than one Sky box.

You'll need to connect each Sky box to a video capture card.  I use the
PVR-350 myself.

As an alternative, it's worth considering if you'd be able to get most of
the channels that you want from digital terrestrial.  You could then use
that for recording some of the programmes (such as BBC) and only need to use
the Sky service for premium content.  I'm trying to do this myself with a
WinTV-Nova-T-USB2 card, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the driver.

I use the Red Eye Remote (http://www.redremote.co.uk/) for changing channels
on the Sky box.

I hope that this helps
Steve