[mythtv-users] Sky tv

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 18:52:46 UTC 2006

On 13/04/06, Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure you can watch one sky channel and record another sky
> channel unless you have 2 set top boxes am i right thinking this?
It's worse than that. (From what I remember, I could be wrong)

The RF connection from the back of the set-top box to the LNB can only
be tuned to one channel at a time (it's something to do with the LNB)

Therefore you actually need two or more LNB's + cables plus set-top box.
Additionally you'd need two sky subscriptions, as you'd need two cards
in the set-top box.

If this is a must have then the Sky multiroom package might give you
what you want, if should provide a second box + card, and they will
install it for you.

Regards,
Ant.