[mythtv-users] Troubles controlling multiple cable boxes

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 02:13:19 UTC 2006

I have to do this all the time. It would help if you give us the output of
running lspci -v and then I can give you the commands that you need to run.
Also we need to know the exact model number of the card that you got. We
have had some problems with certain versions and I can check our list to see
if your card is on it. Also it is important to check the output of lspci and
make sure your card doesn't share it's irq with anything else. If it does
you have to move it to where it won't conflict. If you can't even see the
card in the list then I would recommend moving to a different slot and
making sure you seat it properly. Anyhow first step is to output you lspci
-v command. I am very interested in how this goes because I just ordered my
ir blaster from the same place to do the same thing so make sure to let us
know how it goes and take some notes for me. Hope I can help...

Allan