[mythtv-users] Troubles controlling multiple cable boxes

Kim Wall kim at ductilebiscuit.net
Tue Apr 11 00:39:00 UTC 2006

obscure information. wrote:

> *4)* Go to the proc directory.
>
> *5)* Open the pci file.
>
> *6)* Search for vendor ID 131f.
>
> *7)* Write down the port address and IRQ number (for *example: * 0xd400
> and IRQ 12).
>
> When I open this file, I cannot find anything even resembling 131f.

If this is any help, the /proc/pci entry for my 8-port PCI serial card:

   Bus  0, device  10, function  0:
     Serial controller: PCI device 14db:2180 (AFAVLAB Technology Inc)
(rev 0).
       IRQ 11.
       I/O at 0xef68 [0xef6f].
       I/O at 0xef60 [0xef67].
       I/O at 0xeef0 [0xeef7].
       I/O at 0xeee0 [0xeee7].
       I/O at 0xeea0 [0xeebf].

That's 4 serial ports at IO addresses ef68, ef60, eef0 and eee0, and the
other 4 confusingly enumerated as one line (shouldn't be a problem with
a 2-port card).  They're all on IRQ11.

I've got a 2-serial-1-parallel PCI card somewhere, and I'm pretty sure
that appeared in much the same way.

For reference, I set the above up by issuing:

/bin/setserial -a /dev/ttyS2 port 0xef68 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200
/bin/setserial -a /dev/ttyS3 port 0xef60 UART 16550A irq 11 Baud_base 115200

...and so on for all 8 ports (ttyS0 is on the motherboard, and ttyS1 was
on the motherboard before it died and I had to replace it with one that
only had a single port).  That's as standard serial ports, I believe you
need "UART none" or similar for lirc use.

Kim.