[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Apr 10 23:23:50 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> says:
> 'Time to record before start of show (in seconds)':

[...]

> 'Time to record past end of show (in seconds)':

[...]

> are both completely accurate descriptions of what the settings do.

Seriously, that's a relief; thanks for the confirmation. You see, I'd
always taken these descriptions at face value, and had set the
settings accordingly, but the rather fierce thread of a few weeks back
plus the current one had seriously confused me.

May I suggest that we either stop talking about "pre-roll" and
"post-roll," phrases which mythfrontend itself never uses, and switch
to something like "start early, if possible" and "end late, if
possible"? (Messages like
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/18897?do=post_view_flat#18897>
tell me that even developers get confused on this issue.)