[mythtv-users] OT: ic7-g ide DMA w/DVD-ROM?

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Sat Apr 8 16:02:05 UTC 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Figured it out and got it working. I was using onboard non-RAID SATA, which
> apparently is shared with the onboard PATA controller chipset. So it was
> operating in mixed mode, and that's why I couldn't change the DMA mode.

Aha, that rings a bell now :-) You can still use the onchip Intel SATA
controller as long as you set it to "Enhanced Mode" in the BIOS, instead
of the default "Auto". I think that, at least in theory, the Intel
controller is supposed to give higher performance because it's not
sharing the PCI bus.

I am using the latest BIOS 28

Bolek