[mythtv-users] Automatic deinterlacing based on recording type

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Apr 7 19:20:04 UTC 2006

I saw something new when I played a show the other day. On the OSD it
showed 'Interlaced'. I stopped deinterlacing because I was watching alot
of HD recorded programs and they looked better without deinterlacing
them, but the standard definition (analog) shows show some tearing when
played without the deinterlacing option. Is there any way to have a show
automatically deinterlace if it is recorded and the interlace flag is
set, but playback the HD content without deinterlacing?

Thanks,
James